- Phone Systems
- SBC Hosted VoIP
- SBC Horizon
- Panasonic Phone System Benefits
- Panasonic Tailored Solutions
- Panasonic Maintenance
- Panasonic Call Recording
- Panasonic Call Reporting
- Panasonic On Hold Marketing
- Buy On Hold Marketing
- Moving Premises
- Choose Your Location
- Blandford Forum
- Bournemouth & Poole
- Voice & Data
Ofcom Number Changes – Effective 1st July 2015
CLEAR CALL RATES FOR EVERYONE…
Many organisations use Freephone numbers – starting 0800 or 0808 – for people to contact them. Historically, these calls have generally been free when dialled from a landline, but mobile users are usually charged for calling them. From 1 July 2015, as part of the UK Calling changes, all numbers starting 0800 or 0808 will become free for consumers to call from mobile phones, as they are from landlines. At present, calls to Freephone numbers from mobiles typically cost between 14p and 40p per minute. The new system will make the cost of calling 08 numbers clear for everyone. It’s called UK Calling, and it’s the biggest change to telephone calls in over a decade.
What does this mean?
- The calling cost of an 08 number will need to be displayed wherever the number is advertised.
- The cost to call your number has now been set by the number range holder and published on the Ofcom website.
- Calls to 08 numbers from a mobile will become free as they are from a landline.
- Call charges will be split into two parts. Service charge and access charge.
Have you considered changing your 08 number to an 03 number?
0300 numbers will remain unaffected by this change. Should you be the owner of an 0800 number, please contact us to find out about transferring your existing 0800 number to an 0300 number. 0300 numbers are included in ‘minute bundles’ from mobiles and landlines Having an 0300 number offers a national presence without high call charges which can help boost customer service and customer confidence.
For more information, call us on 01264 336644. Our friendly team are available Monday-Friday 9.00am – 17.30 pm.
To find out more: http://www.ukcalling.info/faqs