If you are looking to become an office-based telecoms Technical Support Engineer, then we might just have the position for you. We have a new opening here at Southern Business Communications within our technical support team.
Job Role: Technical Support Engineer – Telecoms
Location: Unit 14, Towergate Industrial Park, Colebrook Way, Andover, Hampshire
Salary: £18,000.00 – £21,000.00 per year plus benefits (listed below)
About Southern Business Communications Ltd
Southern Business Communications Ltd has been established since 1990. We have been dedicated to helping customers for over 30 years, retaining many clients for much of that time. We are now looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our busy & friendly team.
Here at SBC, we provide businesses with a complete communication and connectivity service. This means we supply and support customers with PBX and Cloud telephone systems, Wi-Fi networks, Broadband solutions, CCTV systems and Mobile device solutions. Customer retention and after-sales care are important to us and our team of Technical Support Engineers are integral to fulfilling this within our business. This is evident through our positive reviews praising our service and team for their hard work and dedication.
As a Technical Support Engineer with SBC, you will receive a competitive basic salary from £18,000 to £21,000 per annum depending on experience. You will enjoy a relaxed working environment in our new purpose-built offices, which include a staff recreational area (Table tennis, pool, darts & chill out zone). Employee recognition is important to us and we pride ourselves on celebrating our growing team. You will benefit from comprehensive training, ongoing coaching, plus additional holiday accrual for each year you are with us!
As a company, we will encourage you to broaden your knowledge base, learn new skills and progress within the organisation. This role would suit someone with previous experience in telephone support within a technical or communications background, but all candidates considered.
The Technical Support Engineer role will include:
- Answering inbound support calls in order to fix or maintain the customer’s services
- Fault finding on the following products (PBX and Cloud telephone systems, Wi-Fi networks, Broadband, CCTV and Mobile device solutions)
- Fault resolution on the following products (PBX and Cloud telephone systems, Wi-Fi networks, Broadband, CCTV and Mobile device solutions)
- Creating and Reviewing tickets on our support CRM system
- Liaising with customers to help resolve their technical requirements
- Making required changes to customers live systems and programming
- Providing updates to customers via email and phone calls with ongoing tech support cases
- Completing work to a service level agreement standard
- Liaising with current suppliers and dedicated partners
- Updating customer CRM records
- Always giving the best support to our customers
Skills and experience:
- Have effective communication skills with staff and customers and dedication to first-class customer service
- Have computer or hardware experience.
- Technically minded with the capacity for problem-solving
- Be able to work alone or in a team
- Confident, self-motivated, reliable and flexible working attitude with willingness & ability to learn
- Be methodical with good attention to detail and take pride in their work.
- A polite & professional demeanour
- £18,000 – £21,000 a year depending on experience, with room to grow in this full-time position with our company.
- 9 am – 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Company Pension.
- Dedicated free parking at the office.
- In-depth training ensures you know how to help our customers.
- A great relaxed working environment in our new purpose-built spacious offices with games room and chill-out area.
- Branded workwear provided, casual clothing in the office.
- Recognition for your hard work.
- Birthday & work anniversary celebrations.
- 20 days holiday accrual for each year up to 25 days plus all bank holidays.
- Group activities and team events outside of the office.
Why you should join us
We have been in business for over 30 years and are proud to offer dedicated long term positions for our employees. As our business has grown larger we are in need of a new technical support Engineer to accommodate for our growing customer base. Your position here will allow you to grow with our business as time goes on.
We have always operated out of the Andover area allowing us to be close to local businesses, food places and only a short walk from the train station. Dedicated parking ensures you can get to work stress-free at our new purpose-built offices.
To express your interest in our vacancy for our Technical Support Engineer position, please click Apply and send us your CV for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this position email us at email@example.com with your CV.